The Early Learning Coalition of Seminole helps parents with young children, age birth through entering Kindergarten, locate high quality early education and care providers who prepare children to enter school ready and eager to learn.
VPK 2013-2014 Enrollment Sessions
- WHO: Florida residents who will be four years old by September 1, 2013 (DOB 9/2/08 - 9/1/09)
- WHERE: Early Learning Coalition of Seminole 280 Hunt Park Cove, Suite 1020 Longwood, FL 32750 (driving directions)
- WHAT: VPK child application (see downloads), proof of child's age, proof of Florida residency
- HOW: Proof of child's age (a legible copy of child's birth certificate OR current immunization record (form 680) OR military ID OR current passport) proof of residency (a legible copy of parent's driver's license (with current address) OR recent water or electric bill OR copy of a lease or property deed) all copies remain on file
- WHEN: Every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM beginning March 19, 2013 through June 13, 2013 and on the following Saturdays:
SATURDAY VPK REGISTRATION SESSIONS 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- June 8, 2013
- June 22, 2013
- July 27, 2013
- August 10, 2013
E L I S - Early Learning Information System
What is ELIS?
The Early Learning Information System (ELIS) will be a new statewide computer system used by Florida's Office of Early Learning and the Early Learning Coalitions (ELCs). It will be used to operate and manage the delivery of School Readiness (SR), Voluntary Pre-kindergarten (VPK), and Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) services in Florida. ELIS is under development and is expected to go live in June 2013.Something for Everyone
Parents, guardians, providers, and partner agencies will all be able to log on and use ELIS from any computer connected to the Internet. The ability to complete work online and to retrieve information using ELIS will be greater than ever before.Want to know more about ELIS?
Whether you are a parent, child care provider or staff, you can download more information about ELIS by clicking on the Bulletins or Newsletter below:
- ELIS Provider Bulletin - June 2012
- Parent/Guardian Bulletin - April 2012
- ELIS Newsletter - Issue 04 - April 2012
- Provider Bulletin - March 2012
- ELIS Newsletter - Issue 03 - July 2011
- ELIS Newsletter - Issue 02 - April 2011
- ELIS Newsletter - Issue 01 - March 2011
Florida's Early Learning and Development Standards for Birth Through Three-Year-Olds
The Standards are an integral part of Florida's quality early learning system. These Standards describe an age-appropriate understanding to the way young children think, create, and engage in the early learning process. They aid in creating a common vision for children in the State of Florida. The online format allows users easy access to this important information anytime. You may search by age or domain or both. Find useful tips for the classroom and home. Print the Standards for customized classroom use.
Visit http://www.flbt5.com/selection.aspx for more details.
Florida's Early Learning and Development Standards for Four-Year-Olds
The standards for four-year-olds identify the skills and knowledge children should have before they enter kindergarten. They are approved by the State Board of Education for use in Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Education Programs, and are for use in School Readiness Programs.
Visit http://www.fldoe.org/earlylearning/pdf/feldsfyo.pdf for more details.
Child care information and referrals
Our Child Care Information and Referral Service provides a complete listing of both early childhood and school aged child care providers authorized by the state of Florida to operate in Seminole County as well as helpful information to allow parents to make an informed choice when selecting a childcare provider.
You can find information on child care services in Seminole County by contacting a Child Care Reference and Referral Specialist at 407-960-2460.
The Early Learning Coalition of Seminole provides low income families with scholarships to help offset the cost of early education and care. Each child care provider who participates in this program has agreed to exacting standards. Our goal is to make sure that quality early education and child care is available to all children ages birth to five, regardless of income. The Coalition works to ensure that every child enters kindergarten ready and eager to learn.
To hear more about early learning programs or to see if your family is eligible for subsidized childcare, please call 407-960-2460 or visit the School Readiness Eligibility Services.
Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) is a FREE quality early education program which is available to all four-year-olds who reside in the state of Florida. Its aim is to ensure that every child will be ready for school on their first day of kindergarten. For more information on VPK, please visit our VPK page.
The state of Florida also maintains a Florida VPK website.
280 Hunt Park Cove | Longwood, FL 32750-7567
Phone: 407-960-2460 | Fax: 407-960-2489